Thursday, July 23, 2009

PX90

For the last 10 days Jorge has come into the office a little different....

Emily & Marni: Jorge, you look different...
Jorge: Yeah..... I'm doing this trendy exercise...It's called PX90.
Emily & Marni: Ooooh!!

Jorge does a little demonstration of some of the moves, nearly busting the seam of his pants.

A few days later...

Emily & Marni: Hey, how the PX90 going??
Jorge: Oh, I'm actually only doing P90...the X comes later.
Marni: Oh, how's the P90 going?
Jorge: Actually call it Power 90, so it doesn't sound like urine.
Marni: Oookkkk...how's the POWER90 going?

Jorge spends the rest of the day in his cave, and when he does emerge, he's usually in some sort of boxing stance.... punching the air frequently. 

Today, Jorge comes in... limping.

Emily: Jorge what happened???
Jorge: I stubbed my toe.
Emily & Marni: How????
Jorge: Riding my son's big wheel....
Emily & Marni:  hahahahhahahaha
Jorge: I could have seriously gotten hurt.
Emily: Jorge, you are over 200 pounds, why did you do that?? 
Jorge: It was better than carrying it home.
Emily thinking: (Was it Jorge? Was it really better??)
Marni: So I guess you couldn't do P90 this morning?
Jorge: It's Power90...and, OH - I still did it! On one foot!

We cheer, and Jorge limps back into his office, a triumphant look on his face.

2 comments:

  1. I have read about this. It's based on something called "muscle confusion." Nobody has yet explained to me how you confuse a muscle. Give it a deep philosophical quandary to ponder, perhaps?

    --riney

    ReplyDelete