Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Emily's Catering Order of the Century

Emily called Central Market to place this week's family dinner order (#3 if you're keeping tabs).

Prior to the order, Emily and I discussed the options for our order:

Marni: What's green bean amandine?
Emily: What?
Marni: Right there (pointing)
Emily: Green bean a-MAN-dyne...
Marni: (mumbling as I search online) ah-min-deen...

Emily: Oh! and we could get herb (pronouncing the h) rissahto
Marni: ...herb risotto...

Mere moments later, Emily, on the phone with the caterer:

Emily: ...and we'd like the green bean a-MAN-dyne
Me (in the background): Bahahaha
Caterer: Ah-min-deen?
Emily: Oh...haha...yes....amandine...I'm just making it up as I go...
Caterer: Oh...uh...ok...
Emily: And Herb [pronouncing the h] rissahto cakes
Caterer: ...I'm sorry...what do you want?
Me (in the background): EMILY! it's "ERB" - silent H!
Emily: Oh, I mean herb [no h-this time] rissahto cakes
Caterer: Oh, ok, herb ri-ZO-to cakes
Emily: Oh..yeah...haha...umm...and then chocolate POT de CREAM
Caterer: Oh, we don't have the chocolate po' de creme [French pronunciation] anymore

For those of you that don't know, this is not an off-day for Emily. This is classic Emily. In all her glory. She makes work and life quite entertaining!

...and that's why I wouldn't change a thing about her :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment