I walk into my office and, GASP --
There is a beeaaauuutiful hot pink glow stick hanging from my computer!
Marni: WOOHOOOOO!!
Emily: what? what??
Marni: a GLOW STICK!
Emily: heeyyy!! where's my glow stick?
Marni: it's probably hanging from your computer....go get it!
Tomás (yelling from his office): oh yeah! I have to explain that...
Emily runs over to her office to get her glow stick.
Emily: what the --??!?!
There was no glow stick to be found.
Marni: emily, I'm sure it's an oversight
Tomás (coming out of his office): ok, ok...so, here's what you do: break it a few times, whenever you decide you want it to glow, and you will have hours of glowing pink light!
Marni: YAY!!!!!
Emily: tomás, where's my glow stick??
At this point I'm still fully expecting him to say, "it's right there," pointing to somewhere in her office she hadn't thought to check.
Tomás: oh - I only had one
Emily: what???
Marni: hahaha...
Emily: are you serious???
Marni: haHA. I guess I'm the favorite..hehehe
Emily: What the--??? really tomás???
Tomás realizes he's in a sticky place...
Tomás: well, emily...you just had a birthday, you know? and, well, marni seemed kind of down.
Emily (not buying it): huh.
Tomás: you know, with all the presents and decorations you got...
Emily: yeah...I suppose Marni needs it more... she has been depressed....for several months now....she is clinically depressed!
Tomás (satisfied with her response, turns back to me): so, yeah, whenever you want it to glow, just break it a few times! isn't that great??
Marni: YEAH! woohooo!!
Tomás walks off, feeling great about his good deed.
Marni (giggling nervously): I love glow sticks!
Emily: I can't believe it...
Marni: so when do I want it to glow??
Emily: arghhhh
No comments:
Post a Comment