
It is a well-known fact that Cristobal loves to rant. His rant list runs long and wide and spans an enormous amount of topics. Here's a favorite one around this time of year...
Emily: Oh yeah, speaking of, the building is closed on Thanksgiving and the day after.
Cristobal: What???
Marni: Yeah.
Emily: It's just like last year...
Cristobal: It's ridiculous that government mandates the hours a business can operate! Argghh... as soon as I can, I'm going to move us out of this place and make my OWN business hours!
Marni: But aren't you going to be with family for Thanksgiving?
Cristobal: Oh, I suppose I'll have to put in some obligatory time with the in-laws....
Marni: Cristobal! That's what people do! It's a holiday!
Cristobal: Oh, well it's all a big scam, you know?
Emily: What?
Cristobal: Holidays
Marni: Oh yeah...we know...you've told us before.
Cristobal (ignoring the comment): The government creates arbitrary days on which people feel obligated to travel to see people they don't even want to see...!
Marni: Some people like their families! I, for one, am excited for the excuse to see family!
Cristobal (continuing, as if uninterrupted): And everyone raises their prices around holidays, making people pay exorbitant amounts of money compared to the normal travel fare. And summers? Well, for some reason the school system in this country has decided to take several months off in a row for the summers - don't even get me started on the deficiencies of our school system! NO other country does it like this - so every American family is forced to take their vacation within a 3-month window, raising the cost of every imaginable service in the tourism industry!
This rant goes on similarly for the next 20 minutes or so...
Cristobal: So, the holidays are just a big scam.
Marni: Well, you've got a lot of ideas. It doesn't sound like you should be in this industry
Cristobal: Trust me, I know. I should be running my own country!
Happy Thanksgiving From The Office!
No comments:
Post a Comment