unsuspecting victim #1:
I rode up the elevator with a girl in her mid-twenties, like me. I think she saw the sticky, but had no reaction. she texted the whole time. #fail #mygenerationstinks
unsuspecting victim #2:
I rode down the elevator with an older gentleman. I saw him notice the sticky note, but he made no reaction...UNTIL we stopped on the 18th-or-so floor and a buddy of his got on.
man 1: hey there, frank {or some other generic middle-aged man name}, I think there's a message on here for you!
man 2: huh?
man 1: "call mom"! {pointing to the sticky}
man 2: oh! hahah
man 1: I know! "call mom" hahahaa
I also look up and laugh, so as not to appear "suspicious"
#success
unsuspecting victim #3:
I rode back up the elevator with two older women. they were off to the side toward the front, and I was in the back in the middle, pretending to text. both of them noticed the note, but neither one said anything, so I decided to break the ice.
me: {looking up from my "texting"} haha
lady 1: haha, yeah, I saw that! "call mom"!
lady 2: I don't think that belongs there - hahaha
me: haha
#doublesuccess
unsuspecting victim #4:
during a lull at lunch...
me: hey, so did anyone see any weird notes in the elevator today?
emily gives me a look that says "smooth, marni"
tdf: notes?
me: yeah, like reminders to do something? I saw one that said "call mom" - ha. it was funny
cristobal: no, but I saw one yesterday that said "food in fridge" by the elevator
emily: oh really?
marni: huh...that's weird
#we'lltakeit
No comments:
Post a Comment