cristobal greets our guest at the door, just as tomás and diego are entering. he introduces them and says "now you've met most of the company!"
emily and I are at the coffee machine making more coffee since our office downs coffee like it's air, and we were the ones to finish off the pot.
cristobal and the guest start making it down the hall toward us. they stop at juan's office on the way, and cristobal introduces juan as some senior-tecchie something or other.
marni (whispering): I wonder what we'll be introduced as?
emily: well, [our official title], of course. we basically run the business.
marni: yeah right...probably customer service peons.
emily: hahaha, good one.
cristobal and guest walk out of juan's office.
emily and I look up and smile, preparing to be introduced.
cristobal and guest walk toward us, and then straight past us, not even looking up.
cristobal and guest walk toward us, and then straight past us, not even looking up.
cristobal: well, that's everyone!
smiles fade. emily and I are shocked.
marni (whispering): we don't even get an introduction??
emily: what the??
marni: are we invisible? they didn't even LOOK at us!
emily: it's because we are making coffee. Face it Marni, we're peons.
we hope to someday be introduction-worthy. when that happens, we'll know we've graduated from peon-hood.
hahaha
ReplyDeleteWow!! That's all I can say.....
ReplyDelete