Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hang up the phone, completely.

Emily leaving a customer a voicemail: ... thanks and have a great day.
*click, or so I thought*
Emily: Hey Marni want to hear a special treat?
Marni: um. ok?
Emily: Somebody... SOMEBODY... somebody... SOMEBODY! Can anybody fiiind meeee... soooomeboooody to loooooove... SOMEBODY... somebody... SOMEBODY somebody... SOMEBODY to loooooooveeeee

This continued on for about three minutes, until I heard a faint noise. I stopped singing to see where the noise was coming from. I purposely had turned my speakers off so that I could sing my own rendition of Queen's "Somebody to Love" to Marni.

The noise was the automated voicemail lady: "...You have reached the message limit. Your message will now be sent."

Oh...dear....

A few minutes later, the customer who received my song message called back. She didn't mention anything about the incident...but I could tell from her tone that she had heard every minute of the message...and no longer respected me as a business professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment