Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Life Without Marni

So we said we'd kill the bloog. But the last week has been interesting (not at all) and I just want to remember (live to forget) the times I worked (cried) here without Marni.

What can go wrong when your best friend leaves:
1. Your boss lies to the new employee and says you are getting married in December because "baby due in July."

2. Someone steals your notary stamp without permission. Two problems: (1) The legality of stealing a notary stamp and (2) Rooting around in my drawer for the stamp.

3. Emily: "This is Emily, how can I help you?"
Customer: "Hi can you transfer me to Emily BURROWS?"
Emily: ".......Hold please"
(wait 30 seconds)
(transfer)
Emily: "This is Emily"

4. Emily: "And that's how you buy a policy."
Customer: "Great thanks, I have a question about claims too, oh but you don't know anything about claims you're JUST a customer service rep, transfer me to a claims person please."
Emily: "Sure right away."
(wait 20 seconds, check facebook)
(transfer)
Emily: "Claims how can I help you?"

5. Family lunch conversation:
Diego: The repairman fixed my roof.
TDF: Did he arrive on time?
(Everyone laughs)
(crickets)
(15 minutes later)
Bossman: "Soooo Emily..... how are... um.... purses???"
Emily: "Purses?"
Bossman: "You know with the refugees."
Emily: "Oh, very good, thanks."

6. Everyone looks at you sympathetically each time they walk by your office. Especially when the lights turn off automatically due to inactivity.

1 comment: