I have been moved out of the dungeon (windowless office) and back to the secretary desk. Where I first began over 3 years ago. My magazine clippings of nature scenes are still here, which make me happy.

Anyway, It was like the Koreans all over again. (Korean fiasco can be found in a previous post here). Anytime guests come, Cristobal goes into extreme manic mode. He kept walking past the techies whispering "RELAX". He buys oranges and cranberry bread from whole foods and paces up and down the hallway peeling oranges. He had me windex the windows twice.

So there are 6+ guests in the hallway hovering around my desk, some even lounging on my desk, you know the half sit half stand gag, so awkward. Just talking to each other and joking. Cristobal gives me the eye which could either mean "engage" or "don't say a word" so I go with the latter. Sometimes Cristobal introduces me to important guests and other times I am Clay Aiken. I can never know which its going to be when guests come. He's introduced me to quite refined guests (read: wealthy shareholder from France). And other times I don't even get an introduction to the office supply representative. Whatevs. Now I have this creepy song stuck in my head.

xoxo,
Emily "Clay Aiken" McClenagan
No comments:
Post a Comment